[This performance is now completed.]
Download media release [PDF 81kb]
Two enchanting programs of short works by Malaysian dancers.
Like the traditional welcoming betelnut box, or tepak sireh, Tepak Tari is a box of dancing variety, an intoxicating experience.
Thursday 3 Sept 8.30pm
Saturday 5 Sept 8.30pm
- Kwang Tung Dance Company, choreographed by Amy Len
- DPAC Dance Company, choreographed by JS Wong
- Yu Hua Secondary School Cultural Club Dance Group, choreographed by Wong Kit Yaw
- ASWARA Faculty of Dance, choreographed by Raziman Sarbini
- Temple of Fine Arts, Kuala Lumpur, choreographed by Umesh Shetty
- Gerard Mosterd (Netherlands), performed by January Low & Raziman Sarbini
Friday 4 Sept 8.30pm
Saturday 5 Sept 3pm
- Sutra Dance Theatre, choreographed by Divya Nair in collaboration with Amanda Brown
- Suhaili Micheline & Faillul Adam
- Lee Wushu Arts Theatre, choreographed by Lee Swee Seng
- Sultan Idris University Of Education Faculty of Music and Performing Arts, choreographed by Abdul Hamid Chan
- Rathimalar Govindarajoo & January Low
- Mikuni Yanaihara (Japan), performed by Joanna Tan
From charming Chinese classical dance performed by school students, to minimalist contemporary works set to avant-garde music.
From the rhythmic tapestries of odissi, to the explosive power of wushu.
Like the ritual of assembling the areca nut, betel leaf and lime paste, Tepak Tari stirs together the rich living tradition of Malaysia’s dance heritage with fresh perspectives and spicy dashes of creativity.
Auditorium DBKL, Jalan Raja Laut, Kuala Lumpur, 50350
Ticket sales are now ONLINE from the DiverseCity 2015 website.
EARLY BIRD UNTIL 31 AUGUST:
RM35 tickets are in the balcony, RM55 tickets are on ground level.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Festival Organiser has raised the price of tickets after 31 August to RM40 and RM60.
Tepak Tari is part of KL i Dance, the dance program of DiverseCity Kuala Lumpur International Arts Festival 2015.
Tepak Tari is a production of MyDance Alliance, in partnership with Sutra Foundation and The Japan Foundation Asia Center.