Hands up who needs a little bit of funding for a Malaysian dance project!
You’ve come to the right place.
Update, May 2019: Grant applications are currently OPEN for projects in 2019.
The Small Grants Programme is an effort by MyDance Alliance to provide quick-response small grants of RM500 up to RM1500, to support and promote dance in Malaysia.
Malaysian dance makers who are resident in Malaysia and who are current MyDance Alliance members are invited to apply for grants from RM500 to RM1500 to support:
- Dance projects in Malaysia, including workshops, performances, artistic development, advocacy, research and audience education events, that support and promote dance in Malaysia, and are open to the public or to MyDance Alliance members; OR
- Airfare for local dance practitioners to attend international performance and professional development opportunities.
Please note that commercial/CARMA dance activities will not be considered.
To apply, email the following material to email@example.com with SMALL
GRANT APPLICATION: <NAME OF YOUR PROJECT> in the subject line:
- Bio of applicant (250 words max)
- Names, titles, and contact details of 2 referees. [No need to provide reference letters. Please note that the MyDance committee may contact your referees; please inform your referees to expect our call.]
- Proposal (250 words max) – What, when, where, how, why are you going to do? How will this benefit you and your dance practice? How will this benefit the Malaysian dance community?
- How much money are you requesting? What will the grant money be used for? (i.e. Requesting RM1500, to help cover cost of RM5000 airline ticket, OR RM500 to pay for 2 nights of accommodation for Penang dancers performing in KL.)
For more info about applications, and terms and conditions, see: Small Grant Guidelines 2019