MyDance Alliance membership entitles you to:
- Discounted entry to events sponsored by MyDance Alliance
- An electronic copy of Channels, the World Dance Alliance newsletter, twice a year
- The ability to apply to the Small Grants Fund for dance projects or dance studies, for grants up to RM 1000
- The ability to vote for committee members in our general meetings once every two years, and to run for office (not for student members)
Categories of Membership
Membership is open to all individuals above 18 years of age and who live and/or work within Kuala Lumpur and its vicinity.
- Ordinary – Individuals actively engaged in or supportive of dance activities
- Student – Individuals currently registered as full-time students
- Organisational – Any registered dance organisation in Kuala Lumpur and its vicinity
- Life – Individuals who make a one-off subscription payment of RM1000/-
- Ordinary – RM50/- a year
- Student – RM20/- a year
- Organisational – RM100/- a year
- Life – one-off payment of RM1000/-
Note: The membership year runs starting from the date of subscription for a full one year thereafter.
Become a Member
Payment Option #1 : Pay Online via PayPal
Fill out the form below and click ‘Pay via PayPal’ to go to the payment gateway.
Payment Option #2 : Pay by Mail with Cheque
Download, print and complete a copy of the membership application form [PDF 66KB]. Mail the completed form with a personal cheque made with the appropriate subscription amount to:
MyDance Alliance, P.O. Box 12409, 50776 Kuala Lumpur.
Personal cheques should be made out to My Dance Alliance Society. Please do not send cash or postal orders.
New members will receive confirmation of their membership by email. If you do not receive confirmation within 4 weeks of submitting your information and subscription fee, please email email@example.com.
If you would like to contribute to MyDance Alliance without becoming a member, we encourage you to make a donation.
Please note: MyDance Alliance is a non-profit organisation registered with the Malaysian Registrar of Societies. [Registration number: 1006]. However, we regret that we are not a tax-deductible charity and cannot issue a tax-deductibe receipt for donations.
These donations will go into the our general account to support our many projects working with dance in Malaysia.